Search my Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Racism and Israeli/American Hypocricy

In the past few days there has been a plethora of reports both in the mainstream media AND in the progressive media about how several of the world's diplomatic leaders walked out of the United Nations Durban II anti-racism conference in Geneva this week when Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad gave a speech outlining what is - in his opinion - the racist policy of the Israeli government toward Palestine.

First off, let me say that every time this guy speaks, about anything at all really, he is shunned and dismissed by every leader in the Western world for the most part. And I would argue not because he says things that are so wrong or unfounded, but because they are inconvenient for the goal of American and Israeli Hegemony in the Middle East. And make no mistake, our alliance with Israel is about nothing more than that, American hegemony. With the exception of being a "Holocost denier" (which I will not take a position on), I have yet to hear Ahmadinejad say anything in regard to world politics and international policy that is not basically dead on. In fact, a long time ago, I wrote a blog about his letter to President Bush, a letter that was extremely well written and accurate. I'm not trying to pain the guy as some kind of hero or the type of leader people should aspire to become, but I'm not going to condemn the guy simply because he has the balls and the will to call it like he sees it.

Now, back to the story at hand. He was booed and presented with a walkout by most of the diplomats from the Western world on April 20th as a result of his speech at the UN Anti-racism conference. Let's check it out, and then you tell me where he is so profoundly wrong that he deserved to be subject of a walk-out:



I'll be honest, I am an open dissident when it comes to America's blind support for Israel, and that stems 100% from my opposition to Israel's occupational policy toward Palestine. And unlike so many others I know, I could care less whether or not that is seen as "anti-Semitic", because it has absolutely nothing to do with the Jewish people and/or their namesake faith and I am uninterested in judging the Jewish people, especially considering I am of a race of people that has plundered most of the Earth in a seemingly endless thirst for power. That said, I am an ANTI-ZIONIST. Just wanted to get that out of the way. Now back to the speech.

What part of this speech was unacceptable? What part is not clearly exemplified by the actions of Israel? Where did Ahmadinejad step out of line? At what statement did he lose the crowd? Was it when he said: "The Security Council made it possible for that illegitimate government to be set up. For 60 years, this government was supported by the world. Many Western countries say they are fighting racism; but in fact support it with occupation, bombings and crimes committed in Gaza. These countries support the criminals"? No? How about when he said that "under the pretext of compensating for the evil done in the name of xenophobia, they in fact set up the most violent xenophobes, in Palestine." Yeah, that was probably it, ay?

I mean, come on. Are we so damn blinded by history that we cannot even attempt to think critically about this issue? Is it completely out of our realm of thought to just simply look at the historical evidence and admit that the United States is blindly supporting a regime that is acting in a way that would get our own government expelled from the United Nations? Oh, wait, I forgot. The United States perpetrates this kind of racist policy all over the world in the name of so-called "free market capitalism". So it would be completely naive of me to assume that we would expect our allies in the Middle East to behave any different.

Please, somebody explain to me why this speech by the Iranian President is so out of line. Anyone? [Enter: Fox News]


Oh, okay. I get it now. Because it was a forum on racism, it was unfair of the Iranian President to point out what much of the industrialized world knows to be the case: that the Israeli government is engaging in a racist policy regime. What would I do without the "fair and balanced" reporting of Fox News? They report, you decide. "Anti-Israel Tirade" or controversial speech about the realities of the racist, Zionist Israeli government?

No comments: