Search my Blog

Friday, July 25, 2014

I'd like to get something off my chest

So here it is, I'm going to say what's been brewing in my mind for the past several weeks. I no longer support my own government in any capacity. I quit. 'Freedom', 'liberty', and all the other opiates our rightist, violent, inhumane, and cleptocratic government offers up as reasons to continue our flag-waving support, are not worth the embarrassment. It is time for me to take the position openly that I have been not so directly advocating before, namely as an open dissenter to the entire governmental apparatus as it exists in current history. This does not mean that I am advocating any kind of violence or retribution. To the contrary, I am taking this individual action as a way of not being implicated in the violence my country perpetrates. It simply means that I, both as an academic and as an individual citizen, will no longer play along.
I am joining the increasing ranks of thoughtful citizens who will boycott the next federal election, and will instead focus my civic duties toward only local elections, and only candidates that stand for something real. I don't care what the political effect is of my unwillingness to participate. I've seen the effects of my participation and that was enough.
So as my country continues its blatantly obvious quest for the next world war, as it has been dreaming of for quite some time, they can do it knowing I am an open sympathizer with those we bomb, rape, pillage, and displace. I don't blame Putin. I don't blame Hamas. I don't blame "the terrorists". I blame the United States of America and its sycophantic capitalistic "allies." Maybe at some point in my lifetime I will be able to re-join the process, but until there is massive global change that involves kicking the bums out on their ass, through revolution, I am out. I know too much about history at this point to think otherwise.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You're so correct. Assembling and contingency can do wonders to magnify an idea. It is important to keep it focused. Everyone does not need to agree on everything ... but one idea.
Occupy proved that even a loose collective with a general notion can get heard... look how frightened the power structure became. They also proved if you message is to general the message gets muddled.
You need someone or research it your self that knows the local players. Putting local voters on the heels of their federal congressional seats is a great place to start. showing up their local appearances has a real effect and if your message is clear they will panic and jump on board The local politicians will see that and jump into line.
When you do show up at these appearances it is important to not look like a mob but an amorphous collection of concerned voters...

The North west has been the poster child for progressive grass root mobilization.
Take on education.
You had a great post I thought I would re post here
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-dreier/americas-rigged-education_b_5621332.html?utm_hp_ref=tw