Search my Blog

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The big things in life....

are what matter, dig? After an incredibly long day at work, and not a good one, my wife and I decided to partake in the funky art music and poetry scene of Saint Paul.
 
First we went to the Artists Quarter, where we saw some of the best slam poets this country has to offer, and believe me, we do have the best! New York MIGHT be as good as Saint Paul and Minneapolis.
 
Then, tired but wanting more, we headed over to Big V's Saloon, a world class dive bar, worthy of it's own category of venue. There we saw some art music that ram the gammut from a distorted trombone/ clarinet duo to a 7-piece ensemble called Tiger Blood (depending on who you ask), all put on by the Minneapolis Free Music Society. Look it up.
 
As I wake up, tired and bemoaning the need to go back into the office for another day of torture, I am reminded that it is the big things in life that matter, things like great art, companionship, and universal relavence. The small shit, like jobs and material posessions mean little without these things.
 
Don't forget it.
 
Sent from my hand held device

Posted via email from chrisrobincox's posterous

No comments: